Casual Visitor Services Assistant
Job Title: Casual Visitor Services Assistant
Salary: £9.25 per hour
This role requires an enthusiastic, engaging and flexible individual. Casual Visitor Services Assistants may be called upon to perform a variety of roles within the Museum.
These may include:
• Welcoming our visitors
• Interpreting the building and its collections in an enjoyable and informative way
• cleaning & site presentation
• Opening and closing the Museum
• Working in the shop and reception
• Conducting visitor surveys or assisting with set up for events
• School visits or private hires.
The role requires delivery of excellent standards of customer care at all times.
The successful candidates will also have:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer care experience
• Successful teamworking skills
• The ability to undertake basic cleaning tasks/moving furniture etc.
• Have a flexible, positive approach to the day to day demands of the job
Regular work is not guaranteed as the successful applicants will only be offered hours to meet the museum's needs, including when additional support is required or to cover absences within the team. Candidates must be flexible in their availability.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please write your application with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the person specification.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 27th July 2021,
Anticipated Interview Date: Thursday 5th August 2021,