7 days left
About us and the Role
Warwickshire County Council, Education Services is looking to appoint a System Analyst on a secondment/fixed-term basis for a period of 12 months. The system analyst role will specifically focus on the development of the Synergy application and team processes as part of the Synergy Delivery Unit.
This post will play an active role as part of the Synergy investment project that is seeking to maximise the usage of the software, by working in partnership with Education Services commissioning teams to design and deliver customer focused services that meet our delivery capabilities and support the achievement of our vision to provide high quality service provision at all times.
You will work collaboratively with your team to meet the outcomes of the service delivery plan over the 12 months of this council project. The person appointed will develop and maintain good working relationships with our range of key stakeholders including statutory partners, service providers, voluntary sector and customers.
A key responsibility will be liaising with colleagues in other service areas to maintain effective application of the Synergy system and provision of high-quality data to all Synergy users.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or with relevant experience in analytical and/or technical roles for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience of supporting and analysing IT applications and functionality
- Experience of business process improvement and application of tools and techniques to map, review and streamline processes
- Proven experience in problem solving, employing a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, provide inventive solutions to problems and confidently take those solutions forward for success
- Ability to interpret customer experiences / insights and business intelligence and produce informative journey and process maps
- Ability to present clear, concise and convincing information, opinions and decisions.
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Experience of providing information and advice including the ability to communicate complicated or sensitive information with varied audiences in person, through technology or writing
- Experience of testing and recommending solutions to meet business needs
- Experience of contributing to the development of policies and procedures
- The ability to organise own workload and decide priorities
- The ability to liaise with development staff and 3rd party suppliers as and when required to diagnose, test and resolve issues
- The ability to assist with system upgrades and new system/module implementations
- The ability to assist with system testing as required
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact:
Phil Ransford, Education Services
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact email@example.com and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities. See more.