Team Manager - Care Management
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career. Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment. Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell. We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts. https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
Our Care Management Service
Led by the Head of Service, our Care Management service is made up of 13 teams, 2 of which specialise in working with children subject to care proceedings and 1 being our specialist children with disabilities team. The remaining 10 teams work with children who have been made subject to child in need or child protection plans to meet the aims and objectives of their plans and to ensure their safe care. Each team is managed by a Team Manager and 3 Service Managers support and oversee the day to day operational demands. We are passionate about relational social work and believe the key to achieving sustained positive change for families lies in the relationships we form with children, families, each other and our partners. Alongside this, we promote a strength based approach to the work undertaken and continually strive to improve and develop practice across the service.
As a Team Manager you will:
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Services
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Substantial experience within the court arena
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £2,500 market force supplement for Care Management Social Workers
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Allison Sollom (Head of Service) at Allison_sollom@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications: 25th July 2021
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent Social Workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England