Specialist Key Worker - Affinity Trust
Here at Affinity Trust, we are dedicated to supporting people with learning disabilities to live the lives they want to. We are a national charity providing person-centred support across England and Scotland. We are extremely proud to have been doing this for the last 30 years during which time we have empowered thousands of people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
While we welcome conversations with agencies please note that at this point we have arrangements in place. Any speculative CVs will be considered gifts to Affinity Trust. Thank you.
- 33 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staffWhat is the job role?
Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
Affinity Trust is seeking Specialist Key Worker to become part of an exciting and ground breaking new service. As a Specialist Keyworker you will effectively deliver a Positive Behaviour Support service (PBS) for young people with Autism and complex social, emotional and mental health needs and behaviours that challenge.
The young people are transitioning from tier 4 hospital placements to community based placements.
Your 1:1 intensive support of the young person in their supported living environment, in educational or work settings and in the community will be aimed at helping them remain in a community setting and avoid readmission to tier 4 settings.
- You will deliver the highest quality and standards of Positive Behaviour Support to young people, family members, school staff and a range of other professionals, enabling the young person to live at home.
- Key work with one young person, delivering PBS interventions in their home, in the community, school and other support service settings, including directly supporting the young person, modelling good practice and providing guidance to their parents and a range of other professionals.
- Work in very close partnership with and alongside their parents and other professionals to ensure consistent implementation of the PBS strategy’s ,contribute to effective multi-agency working practices by maintaining regular contact with other key professionals such as social workers, providing feedback and observations both verbally and in writing and taking part in a range of multi-agency meetings.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week.Who are we looking for?
- A positive role model who brings our values to life and shares our passion and commitment to always strive to find creative ways to enrich the lives of those we support.
- You will have experience of working with young people with very complex needs and high risk behaviours
- A willingness to undertake PBS Specific training and have a good knowledge of child protection and safeguarding specifically for people with increased vulnerability. (Training and support will be provided on Positive Behaviour Support from the Service Lead)
- As a Specialist Key Worker you will play a key role in delivering a quality service and achieving positive outcomes.
- Full UK driving licence
Alternatively you can send your CV directly to email@example.com