We are looking for a strong and reflective practitioner, who will complement our team and join us at our warm and friendly village school. The vacancy is for a Class Teacher for our mixed Year 4,5 and 6 class to cover for a member of staff during their maternity leave, ideally starting in September 2021 or as soon as is possible. The successful candidate will be committed to maximising each child’s potential and inspire pupils with a creative and relevant curriculum and high quality teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will be:
- A creative and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations and a proven track record of raising standards
- Familiar with SATs and end of year expectations
- Able to make a difference to children’s learning and support them in making excellent progress, regardless of their starting point
- Proactive in using and applying Growth Mind-set principles and a mastery approach
- Willing to work in a highly motivated team of friendly staff
- Committed to providing exciting and high-quality learning opportunities in a stimulating environment
- Friendly and approachable with a “can-do” attitude
In return, we offer working within a Trust who are supportive and committed to ensuring everyone excels. By appointing before the maternity date is due, we are hoping to offer the successful candidate an opportunity for a period of transition into school.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed by prior appointment –01538 308356
Waterhouses C of E Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply via TES. A link can be found via the Trusts website http://www.qegsmat.com/current-vacancies/. Here you will also find the job description and application forms.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 29th August 2021
Interview date: Friday 3rd September 2021
Salary: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Start date: Autumn term 2021