1 x Outdoor Educator
Scale 5 pt 13 - £22,627 per annum
Full time 37 hours per week
Fixed Term for 12 months
Located in North Wales
Arthog Wales Outdoor Education Centre is a long-established popular residential centre providing activities to young people from primary and secondary schools, as well as youth organisations, and adults on behalf of Telford & Wrekin Council.
This is a residential centre of 110+ beds located across the estuary from Barmouth in Mid Wales, offering real adventure and ‘peak experiences’ in the mountains, rivers and coastal environments around the centre.
The post holder will work from Arthog Outdoor Education Centre which is located in the southern most area of Snowdonia National Park.
The Post Holder will have the responsibility for leading outdoor education activity groups. The post holder will assist in the welfare of students in an outdoor education setting and contribute to maintenance of outdoor equipment, teaching spaces and structures as required.
Key aspects of the role will include;
- A member of the Centre Outdoor Education Team.
- Contribute to the delivery of safe, enjoyable, stimulating outdoor education experiences to a range of clients.
- Further the Arthog dynamic, reflective and responsive ethos and support our aspiration for high quality experience and client care.
- Support Senior Outdoor Educators as required preparing for and delivering course programme for our visiting groups.
- Lead groups at off site venues and in remote environments in a variety of high quality outdoor education activities using a holistic child centred approach to learning.
- Assist with the maintenance of outdoor education equipment, stores, teaching spaces and structures.
- Contribute to the day to day routines necessary for the effective operation of the Centre.
- Fulfil a scheduled evening duty instructor role and work occasional weekends.
- Maintain current qualifications (including driving and first aid) and up to date outdoor expertise.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience, with good knowledge and understanding in the delivery of outdoor education. A range of qualifications for delivering outdoor activities is preferable as is a full clean driving license.
Normal hours based on 37hrs per week, including some evening and weekend work. Annual leave entitlement starts at 23 days and 8 bank holidays plus 1 concessionary day. Local Government Pension option available.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Mark Bramich, Assistant Centre Manager Outdoor Education at Arthog Wales
Tel: 01341 250 455
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.