We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Asset Management and Maintenance team, working throughout Sandwell improving the living environment for its residents. You will use your knowledge and skills to produce specifications, monitor, supervise and deliver projects from inception to completion. We undertake varied remodelling and refurbishment projects of varied architype from high rise, low rise and change of use from commercial to domestic living
Ensuring a high level of health and Safety is maintained on site, reporting and recording breaches as they are identified.
You will be a positive, self- motivated person who can respond to queries and complaints with professionalism and tenacity.
- Driven and committed to achieving results
- Resilient and able to use your communication skills to influence others
- Flexible and willing to work outside normal hours, travelling around the borough
- Able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
- HNC or equivalent qualification in Building related discipline
- Knowledge of Building regulations and British Standards
- Proven experience of working within a housing related environment, dealing directly with contractors and social housing tenants
- Experience of using a range of ICT software to include but not limited to Word, Excel and devices enabling agile working
- You can demonstrate that you are a good communicator and able to liaise with a range of customers, colleagues and contractors, remaining calm and professional whilst dealing with problems that may arise
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
For an informal discussion, please contact Bob Underhill or Mark Paynter on 01215602974/ 2976 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Previous applicants need not apply.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org