Skilled Site Team Operative - Q3 Academy Great Barr
Q3 is a highly successful, oversubscribed Academy located in Great Barr, committed to raising achievement and curriculum innovation. The Academy is set amongst large green spaces and we are fortunate to work in outstanding facilities which are recognised across the local community.
We are seeking a skilled, self-motivated and pragmatic individual to be an active member of our Site Team, providing effective and efficient site support service to enable and enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the Academy. Your key role would be working with others to provide skilled support in order to uphold high standards for our building and site, providing day-to-day operational management and ensuring safety and security of the Academy. Applications are welcome from any person with a background in a trade-based skill.
The Academy is looking for someone who has:
- A background in a skilled trade (for example: carpenter, electrician, plumber);
- High expectations for themselves and others;
- A desire to work with young people with good humour and understanding;
- A calm and pragmatic approach to their work;
- Experience working as part of a team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the security of the site, including being a key holder;
- Overseeing and liaising with external contractors to ensure jobs are completed effectively and efficiently;
- Carrying out skilled and minor work within the Academy;
- Providing maintenance to the buildings and grounds;
- Supporting and upholding expectations for Health and Safety on the site;
- Maintaining accurate records for site, security and health and safety.
Q3 Academy offers excellent CPD and career opportunities for staff at every stage of their career. This role offers a great first step for those considering a career in education and looking to gain school experience.
To apply for the role, please complete and return our application form to: email@example.com
CVs alone are not accepted unless you have a disability which makes it difficult for you to complete an application form.
Please note that you may be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All post holders are subject to a Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS) and satisfactory employment references, as well as identification and qualification checks which will be required before commencing duties.
37 per week, 52 weeks per year (Shift patterns and weekend working are required)
Scale 4 scp 9 £20,903 to Scale 5 scp 17 £24,491 plus first aid allowance of £260 per year
Q3 Academy Great Barr, Wilderness Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 7SD. There may be a requirement to work at other locations in the Trust
Friday 23rd July 2021 at 12.00 noon