Site Assistant - Reynalds Cross Special School
£18562.00 - £19312.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
37.0 Hours per Week
Grade B £18,562 - £19,312
37 hours Monday – Friday (full year), includes 2 banked hours per week
Hours of work: Weekly Rotating Shift pattern (morning 8:30 to 14:00 and afternoon 11:00 to 18:30)
Reynalds Cross is a school for pupils (aged 3-19) with severe learning difficulties and complex behaviours based in Olton, Solihull with a satellite site at Green Lane in Shirley. The satellite site is expanding from September and will include Nursery, Reception and 14-19 pupils.
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our school, we are looking to recruit a Site Assistant for our site team working under the direction of the Site Manager, to ensure the premises are safe and well maintained at all times from September 2021. Although this position is based at our main site on Kineton Green Road, Olton, there will be frequent requirements to work at our satellite site in Green Lane, Shirley.
So, if you have a flexible attitude and the skills required for the role we would love to hear from you. Please consult the enclosed Job Description and Person specification to confirm the requirements we are looking for and provide evidence in your application.
The position attracts an additional increment based on the SMBC Unsocial Hours Scheme.
The role includes responsibility for site security, school lettings, liaising with contractors, managing emergencies and internal and external maintenance of the school.
The successful Candidate will
• Have the ability to relate and communicate with staff, contractors and pupils where appropriate
• Be able to undertake maintenance and repairs including woodwork, painting and minor plumbing
• Work well under pressure and with flexibility to ensure deadlines are met
• Work well individually and as part of a team
• Have a working knowledge of Health and Safety and be able to follow defined risk assessments and site documentation
• Be flexible and work as part of a team to help embed working practices across both sites.
Reynalds Cross School can offer you:
• A varied, professional work environment
• Excellent training and CPD opportunities, with opportunities for career progression
• Enthusiastic pupils who enjoy school and are eager to learn
• A supportive staff and governing body
• An exciting opportunity to work across our sites during a period of growth and development and considerable investment
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake all relevant safeguarding checks and an enhanced DBS check (adult and child).If you wish to find out more or have any general enquires around this role, please contact Deb Jervis, School Business Manager (0121) 707 3012, or email@example.com.
Reynalds Cross School
Kineton Green Road
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.