Citizen & Consumer Protection Officer - Accommodation (Housing Standards Inspector)
The Citizen and Consumer Protection (Accommodation) Team are looking to recruit a motivated, well-organised individual as an inspecting officer to enforce housing standards in the private residential sector in Sandwell, with suitable qualifications and private sector housing enforcement experience, who is able to manage complex workloads and prioritise casework with minimal supervision.
The Citizen and Consumer Protection (Accommodation) team deals with requests for assistance from private tenants and occupiers, provides advice to landlords and is engaged in multi-agency initiatives to improve living conditions across the borough. Sandwell, in the heart of the West Midlands is a progressive and forward-looking authority at the forefront of many innovative approaches to urban regeneration.
You will be either:
- A registered Environmental Health Officer with experience of enforcing private sector housing legislation
- A graduated student with an Environmental Health qualification working towards accreditation
- HNC/HND qualified or similar in housing related subject
- Or hold evidence of recent relevant experience including Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
You will have:
- A good understand of enforcement with experience being advantageous, including the preparation of cases, prosecutions with experience of appearing in court being advantageous.
- Experience in enforcement, including the preparation of cases, prosecutions with experience of appearing in court being advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of construction and an awareness of the legal process relevant to this area of work.
- Be able to evidence a good working knowledge of the Housing Act 2004, using and understanding the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, Housing and Planning Act 2016, The Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Good knowledge of multi-agency enforcement work around modern slavery and exploitation relating to HMOs and illegal residential conversions is advantageous.
For more information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We also have another position available on a Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2022. Please see advert and apply here: https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/99123/citizen-and-consumer-protection-officer-accommodation-housing-standards-inspector-/?TrackID=9&utm_source=emailfriend&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com