School Youth Worker
School Youth Worker
£24,255 to £30,364
Hours per week: 36.5, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Aston Manor Academy
Telephone Number: 07921583731
Email Address: Paul.Hunt@hays.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Equitas Academies Trust was formed in September 2012 and incorporates Aston Manor Academy (Secondary) and Chilwell Croft Academy (Primary). Both Academies are happy, exciting and inspiring learning environments for their children who are from a vibrant mix of cultures. The staff and Trustees have a great sense of pride in their schools and care passionately about the pupils they serve. We are consistently in the top 15% of schools nationally for achievement. Chilwell Croft Academy is a rapidly improving primary, which is well supported by staff and parents alike. The Academy has had an extremely positive journey and leaders and staff place a strong emphasis on positive attitudes, high quality learning and a strong team approach. Consequently, the school has received an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’. Chilwell Croft is a harmonious community where pupils from different ethnic heritages work together well and feel safe. Aston Manor Academy serves a culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged catchment area, yet year on year produces excellent results for its very deserving students. We firmly believe that one of the key hallmarks of Aston Manor is the positive, friendly and supportive ethos which enables all of our students to make progress, both academically and in their personal development. In our last Ofsted inspection (June 2017) we were judged to be Outstanding in all areas. In addition, our Sixth Form is one of the best in Birmingham for attainment and progress!
This is a new role within the pastoral team and therefore, crucial in liaising with the wider pastoral team and staff in developing / running intervention programmes and encouraging participation from a wide group across the Academy. The role will also involve supporting attendance of identified students and working with parents and families to achieve identified outcomes.
This position requires a good understanding and experience of local issues impacting pupils and implementing effective strategies to support them. Experience of acting as an advocate for the youth to parents and community groups is also a key aspect of the role.
As an employer, Equitas Academies Trust offers:
• a supportive and nurturing working environment
• a commitment to CPD opportunities
• employee wellbeing benefits including access to a childcare voucher scheme, a bus pass scheme and a cycle to work scheme
• employer contributions to Local Government Pensions Scheme (support staff) or Teacher Pensions Scheme (teaching staff)
• pay progression centred around a robust performance management process
• an inclusive and caring ethos.
You must have the following qualifications, skills and experience in order to apply for this role:
• BA Hons Degree in Youth Work or equivalent with (JNC youth work professional endorsement)
• relevant industry standard qualifications such as L3 Health & Social Care, Counselling or Psychology, desirable
• experience of working with young people and youth in community or educational settings
• ability to demonstrate patience and remain calm in stressful situations
• an ability to provide pastoral support to pupils and report / escalate any issues/concerns to Senior Leadership
• ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion within all situations.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 30 July 2021,12:00 noon
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person
specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Technology. T: 07921583731
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.