Cleaner - Mesty Croft Academy
Mesty Croft Academy is seeking to appoint an eager and committed Cleaner to join our highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking cleaning team. The successful candidate will work flexibly and as part of a team cleaning all areas of the school, to maintain the required standard of hygiene.
You will need to be diligent, efficient and professional. In addition, it is essential that you have the ability to work effectively as part of a team or alone.
No formal qualifications are required, however, a good standard in literacy and numeracy is required to be able to read instructions and work out simple measurements. Previous experience is preferred but not essential.
Duties will include: -
- Routine cleaning of designated areas of premises and furnishings, to include vacuuming, damp dusting, mopping, machine cleaning floors, polishing, removal of waste, etc.
- To detect and report any premises defects to the Site Manager
- Any other duties which reasonably fall within the role of the post holder
The successful candidate will: -
- Be reliable and flexible
- Have an attention to detail
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines, and produce work to the required standards and to agreed deadlines
- Be able to adhere to health and safety legislation and the statutory regulations including COSHH
- Undertake training and development as required for the role
- Have enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Have a professional attitude
Start date: ASAP as soon as satisfactory clearances are received.
Application packs are available to download from WM Jobs or the school website:
Due to the school being closed for the summer holidays, completed application forms should be returned via email only to email@example.com
CVs will not be accepted.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Mesty Croft Academy will be joining Perry Hall Multi Academy Trust in the Autumn Term 2021, therefore the contract of employment for this post will be issued by Perry Hall Multi Academy Trust.
Mesty Croft Academy is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. The post holder will be expected to contribute to safeguarding in accordance with the agreed policy. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post.
Hours: - 17 hours per week (52 weeks per year), Monday to Thursday from 3.00 to 6.30pm, Friday from 3.00 to 6.00pm
Grade: - Grade A, SCP 1-2 (£17,842 - £18,198 p.a.) - Actual Salary £8,197 - £8,361 pa.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August 2021 at 4.00pm.
Shortlisting and Interviews will take place week commencing 9th August 2021.
If shortlisted for interview you will be contacted either via email or letter. If you do not receive such an email or letter please conclude that you have not been shortlisted. If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.