PA to the Assistant Director for Education Services
4 days left
Interim PA to the Assistant Director for Education Services
Full Time, Fixed-Term Contract (maternity cover for up to 9 months)
Salary Scale G (£22,183 - £24,491)
Saltisford Office Park, Warwick
Do you have what it takes to support the leadership team in delivering change across the organisation?
An opportunity has arisen which means that we are now seeking to recruit to the post of an interim PA to the Assistant Director for Education Services. This post is for approximately 9 months. As PA to the Assistant Director for Education Services, you will be working in a fast paced and changing environment providing a high level secretarial and administrative service tailored to individual requirements. This role will involve building effective relationships with internal colleagues and a range of external stakeholders, to provide proactive and effective support to the Assistant Director.
In addition to the streamlined duties, it is expected that the postholder will ensure the effective provision of support to the Assistant Director including:
- Email management
- Diary and time management
- Organisation and administration of meetings, including Senior Leadership Team meetings, incorporating agenda preparation and minute taking
- Managing reporting deadlines
- Managing timely responses to correspondence
- Being accountable for expenditure against the Assistant Director's budget and maintaining accurate records as appropriate
- A range of other tasks appropriate to the post.
Essential experience required to be successful in the role includes:
- Procedural and practical knowledge of office administration (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification)
- Evidence of interpreting and analysing information in order to provide solutions to problems
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience and knowledge of all appropriate systems – comfortable with all basic IT e.g. Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, emails etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
It would also be of benefit to have experience of working with senior officers.
For further information about the role, please contact Kirsty Sharp (email@example.com).
Closing Date: Monday 2nd August 2021
Interviews: w/c 16th August 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact email@example.com and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities. See more.