37.0 Hours per Week
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, innovative and creative manager to lead the on-going development of Solihull’s Community Older People’s Team. You will be part of a highly experienced and dedicated team delivering effective supervision and leadership to embed a strengths-based model of assessment and support, promoting independence and well-being and achieving better outcomes for people, carers and their families. You will ensure that there is a strong Adult Care and Support focus while working in partnership with health colleagues in some cases
- have a relevant degree or equivalent and significant experience in an Adult Care and Support service;
- be able to lead, support, mentor and develop a large team of Adult Care and Support professionals;
- build positive relationships with people from a variety of roles across the health and social care economy;
A management qualification or other post qualifying awards would be of an advantage.
Above all you will need to evidence your passion for supporting people with care and support needs, partnership working and the ability to work in an innovative way.
In return we offer the opportunity to work within a highly dedicated and professional working environment where you will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days’ additional leave per year
- A smarter way of working which balances your needs with service delivery.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee discounts and benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
If you require further information please contact Bethany Hutchinson, Interim Head of Service: email@example.com or 07773319869.
Interviews will be held week commencing 9 August 2021.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification