Academic and Pastoral Support Officer
5 days left
We wish to appoint a well-qualified, organised individual who can contribute to supporting the pastoral care in school.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR HEADS OF YEAR:
- General pastoral administration.
- Admin support for pastoral events such as: Yr11 Conference trips, Transition Evenings, Year 10 Senior Citizens Party, medical support etc.
- Organise and take part in Sixth form admissions interviews.
- Support for external exams e.g. collecting students, recess duty, liaising with senior exam invigilators, chasing late/absent students.
- Support for the Head of Year for parents’ evenings.
- Take a role in the development, implementation and monitoring of systems relating to attendance and integration e.g. Registration, truancy, pastoral systems etc.
- Facilitate home – school communication by working alongside the Heads of Year.
- Monitor attendance in year groups and communicate with Heads of Year any students of concern on a weekly basis e.g. assisting with correspondence, compilation, analysis, reporting and making phone calls etc.
- To effectively and responsibly use SIMS (and ideally Groupcall).
- Assist in transition arrangements with feeder schools and other relevant bodies to gather student information where necessary and provide appropriate support.
- Provide support for the PSHE curriculum.
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by the Headteacher.
- Respond to questions and concerns from parents and students.
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model.
- If necessary support with 1:1 mentoring sessions for students and provide support for distressed students individually or in small groups.
- Challenge and motivate students, promote and reinforce positive self-esteem in all communication with students.
- Willingness to be trained as a First Aider.
King Edward VI Camp Hill Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
MAKING AN APPLICATION
Please complete the school application form - CVs will not be accepted. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Friday 6th August.
Interviews are likely to be held week beginning 16th August 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.