Social Workers - Connected Person Fostering Team
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts.
Joining one of our Children’s teams as a frontline social worker, you will enjoy a strong sense of personal achievement by working with families using a strength-based model, which are relationship focused and trauma informed, to deliver positive outcomes for our children. But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own, because we’ll ensure you’re fully equipped and have the necessary support network that enables you to flourish and be the best you can be.
We’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions. In addition to excellent career progression opportunities, with a clear and supported development path, we also offer agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies, that have a work/life balance at their core, plus lots, lots more…as you can see below.
We are looking for experienced Social Workers to join our Connected Person - Fostering Team.
As part of the role you will be required to supervise, and support family and friends foster carers for Sandwell Children’s Trust. The role will involve developing carers and supporting them in their role as foster carers for specific children they decided to care for.
We are seeking Social Workers with proven skills in supporting looked after children in Connected Person foster placements and who is able to confidently assess, write reviews and present foster home reviews and fostering panel.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
As a Social Worker working in the Connected Person Fostering Team you will:-
- Understand the role of a foster carer and the qualities required to provide quality care for looked after children and young people.
- Ensure that carers continue to meet the National Minimum Standards for Fostering.
- Have an ability to work with carers and promote placement stability for children.
- Have excellent direct work skills with children and young people.
- Guide and support carers in managing complex children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- Understand the unique context and relationship dynamics of Connected Person care.
- Manage risk and allegations.
- Have strong partnership working skills with a range of different agencies.
- Have proven assessment and report writing skills.
- Confidently present to Foster Home Review and panel.
- Contribute to the learning and development of the team
- Strongly promote permanence for children via Special Guardianship Order where appropriate.
- Work closely with the training department.
- Facilitate support groups and buddying of foster carers.
- An ability to manage own diary, work well under pressure and to meet quality assurance/panel deadlines.
- You will be Social Work qualified;
- Have at least 2 years post qualifying experience;
- Have a good understanding of Fostering Regulations and the National Minimum Standards for Fostering services and Understanding of Risk Assessment;
- Have experience in making decisions through evidence and analysis in assessments.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications: 26th July 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.