LGV Sweeper Driver
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, a great wealth of history and a fantastic environment, making it somewhere to be proud of.
Everyone associated with Worcester City Council is proud of Worcester’s offer of a high quality of life, varied heritage, award winning parks and our contribution to the development of modern local government.
It is a fantastic place to work and you will find us to be an organisation that is challenging yet caring, with our leadership adventurous in its pursuit of excellence.
At Worcester City Council, we have a work-family culture and we are proud to support and value the combination of employees’ work and family lives.
We have a clear vision to achieve excellence in everything we do and to achieve excellence in everyone we employ, meaning we are looking for an excellent candidate to come and join our work family!
This position is part of a small team with 4 other colleagues, completing essential cleaning and maintenance tasks across the City of Worcester working 4 out of 7 days on a rota basis. It is based at our Warndon Depot just off Junction 6.
We are looking for a person who enjoys a challenge and who can fit into a team or work alone, and who is proud and committed to the service we provide to the people of Worcester.
The role will involve driving LGV and non-LGV sweepers, litter-picking, bin-emptying and general street cleansing tasks working alongside our Place Teams to deliver an excellent service for the residence of Worcester.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety at work
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
- Have a full Category C driving licence with CPC qualification
- Have an LGV medical (if required)
- Have experience in operating sweepers
- Be prepared to work on a rota system over 7 days ( 4 out of 7 including weekends)
- Participate in team meetings and annual performance reviews
- Be punctual at the start of the working day to support team working
You must also have:
- A good level of literacy, numeracy, and IT skills
- Experience of driving within confined spaces -e.g. cul-de-sacs
- General knowledge of Street Scene Services
- Use of small plant and equipment
- An open mind to new ways of working
If you require any further information please contact the Street Scene Supervisor Neil Jones on 07766901446 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26 July 2021
Interviews: 30 July 2021