Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Current Actual Salary £12,500 to £13,208 per annum (includes SEN allowance) dependent on years’ service
Hours per week: 26 hours per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Wilson Stuart UCB Partnership Trust
Perry Common Road
Telephone Number: 0121 373 4475
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: A.S.A.P
The Hive College provides a vocational curriculum for learners from 19 to 25 years with high needs such as physical and learning difficulties and sensory impairments. We offer three individualised study programmes for students with PMLD, SLD, MLD and ASD.
As part of the on-going development of a highly successful Independent Specialist College, we have vacancies for Teaching Assistants to join our team of professional and dedicated people.
Our students are delightful, work hard and are keen to learn and the college is a very happy and positive working environment. We have a comprehensive induction programme and friendly and very supportive staff along with excellent facilities and a superb environment to support teaching and learning.
We constantly strive for excellence, seeking innovative and collaborative ways of delivering the curriculum and therefore any person appointed will be a highly committed and enthusiastic professional.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning within our College. The role is varied and will include classroom support, mentoring, pastoral care and assisting with the physical care of our pupils as and when required. We are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual with excellent communication
and written skills with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• have an NVQ Level 2 childcare related qualification (or equivalent) plus minimum GCSE English and Maths Grade C and above (or equivalent)
• have a good understanding of how students learn and develop in education
• be able to support the class teacher in meeting the needs of all students, including mentoring, pastoral care and assisting with the physical care of students as and when required
• be able to work with individuals and small groups of students
• have excellent communication and written skills with high expectations of learning and behaviour
• support students in the workplace and whilst out in the community
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 30 July 2021, 12 midday
Please visit the following link: https://www.fejobs.com/careers/wsucbpt-co/job/level-2-teaching-assistant-1165925?lang=en-GB
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.