Senior Transformation Lead for Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health
This position is fixed term for 12 months and will also be considered as a Secondment Opportunity for internal candidates. Interested candidates must obtain their line managers permission before submitting an application.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to develop links within adult mental health services to ensure that care leavers health needs continue to be met when they move from children's services.
You will oversee the implementation on the recommendations made by Ofsted whilst also working to:
- Support and strengthen systems working across all partners in relation to emotional well-being and mental health services in Sandwell, building relationships and collaboration between stakeholders, mapping system(s) and identifying commissioning gaps, and ensuring longer term sustainability of all work areas, with the aim that Sandwell children and young people have improved access to appropriate and good quality emotional wellbeing and mental health services
- Refresh the partnership governance arrangements for the emotional well-being and mental health agenda in Sandwell, ensuring that the right partners including health, education, social care, the voluntary and community sectors come together can strategically and operationally connect work happening in emotional wellbeing and mental health services at place and system level so that children and young people are getting the right support that enables them to thrive
- Work collaboratively with partners and support the CCG to ensure that there are appropriate strategies and action plans in place in Sandwell to improve emotional well-being and mental health services, linking in with plans and strategies at place and system level
- Work with partners to improve understanding of how systems, processes and services can more effectively connect to improve the journey for children and young people who require emotional well-being or mental health services
The following are essential requirements for the role:
- Degree or equivalent recent and relevant experience, plus a recognised management qualification or evidence of continued management development at a senior level
- 5 years’ experience in local government and/or Health
- Experience of negotiating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders
- A creative thinker who can challenge the thinking of others, who may be more senior, in a none threatening and productive manner
- Ability to motivate and influence others at all levels through positive relationships
For an informal discussion, please email Sally Giles at email@example.com or call 07917 182 193
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
Closing date: 01 August 2021
Interview date: 13 August 2021
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org