Transformation Lead - Care Leaver & SEND Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health Services
This position is fixed term for 12 months and will also be considered as a Secondment Opportunity for internal candidates. Interested candidates must obtain their line managers permission before submitting an application.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to develop links within adult mental health services to ensure that care leavers health needs continue to be met when they move from children's services.
You will oversee the implementation on the recommendations made by Ofsted whilst also working to:
- Ensure that care leavers and children with SEND have access to appropriate and good quality emotional wellbeing and mental health services as they transition into adulthood
- Build on the work already undertaken to understand the gaps in provision for this specific cohort of young people and develop innovative solutions to address these gaps, ensuring young people are getting the right support that enables them to Thrive
- Work with both statutory and voluntary sector providers to strengthen existing transition pathways, where they are effectively meeting needs and develop new pathways where appropriate, so that children and young people do not face a ‘cliff edge’ of provision at 18 and are able to successfully access services that will support their emotional wellbeing and mental health needs
- Support the implementation of recommendations from the Care Leaver and Mental Health Review that was commissioned in response to the Ofsted ILACS inspection, reporting to the Children and Young People’s Strategic Commissioning Partnership on progress and any barriers to implementation.
- Work closely with care leavers, children with SEND and families to ensure any pathways and/or services developed are informed by their views and can effectively meet their needs
- Lead and take management responsibility for delivering services or outcomes identified through the Chief Executives work plan or by chosen service area, managing people and other resources to deliver priorities and objectives or as otherwise directed
The following are essential requirements for the role:
- Degree or equivalent recent and relevant experience, plus a recognised management qualification or evidence of continued management development at a senior level
- 5 years’ experience of working in a complex environment
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills to bring about service development/ performance improvement in services
- A creative thinker who can challenge the thinking of others, who may be more senior, in a constructive manner
- Ability to motivate and influence others at all levels through positive relationships
For an informal discussion, please email Sally Giles at email@example.com or call 07917 182 193
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
Closing date: 01 August 2021
Interview date: 16 August 2021
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org