Client Referral Advisor
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
Job Title Client Referral Advisor Location Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service (IAPT), Coventry Salary £19,737 per annum Hours Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Purpose of the Job
To provide an efficient and accurate client referral service to the IAPT Telephone and Referral Centre.
The Telephone and Referral Centre is the hub of Coventry, Warwickshire & Solihull IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) Service.
The team of client referral advisors are the first point of contact for individuals accessing the service. Demand is extremely high and can often involve dealing with people who have never spoken to anyone about how they feel before. Support is on hand from a Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner who will deal with risk calls and also offer appropriate de-briefing and support to the referral team as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be the first point of contact for the general public and health professionals and deal with them in a sensitive and professional manner maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Work closely with Duty Therapist, ensuring appropriate escalation when there is disclosure of risk-related issues by the client/caller.
- To manage the client journey from point of referral to booked assessment.
- On occasion it will be necessary to gather sensitive information from clients who may be very distressed and disclose potential risk to self to others.
- To ensure where appropriate processes are followed to book individuals into an assessment with a therapist.
Essential criteria includes:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability and experience of working with a wide range of people.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
Closing date: 12 Noon – Wednesday 18th August
Interview date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified. Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.