Salary: £25,991 FTE pro rata
Reports to: Admin and Data Team Leader
Start Date: September 2021
Contract Term: Fixed Term of 12 Months
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time plus two weeks.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to share this commitment.
Ormiston NEW Academy is a recently transformed school based on a clear and defined pedagogical model and explicitly taught behavioural norms. This is creating a place of joy, industry and excellence that is rapidly growing. We are looking for a talented and open-minded individual to raise standards and actively engage in our high expectations.
To analyse, monitor and support improvement of all aspects of student attendance and punctuality at the academy, working alongside key staff, students and families to improve and sustain high levels of attendance.
- Responsible for the Academy's electronic attendance database, including maintenance and monitoring of the attendance records and absences in line with legislation and regulations.
- To complete and publish daily and weekly attendance data for the whole academy.
- Make first day telephone contact with parents/carers.
- Action first day home visit if no response via telephone contact
- Liaison with staff to follow through incomplete registers, anomalies and reasons for absence.
- Responsibility for producing lists, information and running reports relating to attendance data (including missing marks), as requested.
- Liaison and communication with the Vice Principal, Head of Year and Pastoral Officer regarding absence and attendance codes.
- Identify patterns of absence on registers and assist key staff to resolve.
- Provide Heads of Year (HoY) with data to support meetings and reviews with attendance target students.
- Completion of referrals for Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN)
- Support pastoral staff to communicate clearly to parents/carers the attendance expectations and procedures of the academy.
- Monitor and track the attendance of different groups of students across the academy.
- Analyse absence data and communicate trends, patterns, and gaps to relevant staff to enable identification and tracking of pupil attendance.
- Take a proactive approach to addressing persistent absence (PA)
- To generate letters to inform parents/carers for students who fall below target attendance.
- To generate letters to parents/carers for students with 100% attendance or exceptional improvement.
- Compilation and maintenance of the academy's attendance data profile, including reasons for absence, and vulnerable groups at risk of absence.
- Complete home visits where required.
- To support the delivery of parent education workshops with SLT and pastoral lead.
- Liaison with the Vice Principal to ensure that correct procedures for leavers, starters and those opting for elective home education are followed.
- Liaising with the Local Authority Educational Welfare Service regarding at risk attenders.
- To support designated lead staff to promote excellent punctuality and to address punctuality concerns.
- Carry out appropriate administrative duties as required by the Principal.
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Business/Administration
- Secure knowledge of and application of the SIMS Management System
- Has recent, relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in an educational setting (Desirable)
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences
- High level of competence in ICT applications
- Ability to build and develop working relationships with colleagues, students and parents/carers
- Experience of working with young people from a range of backgrounds to empower them to help themselves
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- An understanding of the importance of student safeguarding and how this can be applied to this role
- Has a sound understanding of data and is able to identify patterns of concern / success
- Has the ability to work with parents, external agencies and the wider community
- Is determined to promote a culture that celebrates success in line with the academy principles
- A commitment to, and understanding of, the wider aspects of student development
- Has the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Is meticulous and pays attention to detail with all matters relating to attendance and attendance data
- Is approachable, adaptable, reliable, flexible, entrepreneurial, and assertive
- Has an understanding around issues which are confidential or require diplomacy
- Is flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ormiston Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.