St Peter’s Collegiate Academy - Business Manager
St Peter’s Collegiate Academy is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Business Manager into our friendly and thriving academy. The successful applicant will work with the Senior Leadership Team, to drive the academy forward to further improvements, making a difference to the education and opportunities of our students every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The key purpose of this role is to give strategic vision to all aspects of finance, income generation, HR, premises and provision of IT. You will lead the effective provision and operation of the academy’s financial management including forecast planning and procurement, and you will seek to drive best value in our academy operations and contracts with the support of the Three Spires Trust central team.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in business, finance and resources management (an accountancy qualification is preferred but not essential).
- Preferably experienced in Academy or school finances but applications from outside the education sector are welcome.
- Able to relate to and build trust with a variety of stakeholders.
- Skilled at managing people and systems.
- The ability to work and maintain focus under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Confident in using new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
In return we can offer you:
- A warm and vibrant school community.
- Support of a strong and ambitious Local Governing Body, Senior Leadership Team and Central Trust Team.
- Trust-wide employee assistance programme.
- Further training and support with your career advancement.
As a Church of England academy with a strong Christian ethos, the governors particularly welcome applications from candidates who are practising Christians.
Visits to the academy are welcomed by appointment and available by contacting Robert Timmis, Interim Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications must be returned electronically to Elaine Newton, Principal’s PA: email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 13th August at midday.
Interviews week commencing 16th August.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide