Assistant Team Manager
An exciting permanent opportunity is now available within the 25+ MDT in Dudley Disability Service. This service supports people with a range of disabilities who require ongoing co-ordination of their care and support needs or who have a level of complexity to their needs that require specialist intervention. We are committed to meeting the needs of our customers, delivering a personalised quality service, promoting independence, choice, control, inclusion and achieving resolution.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade 11
We are a busy and dynamic team, looking for a full time (37 hour post) new Assistant Team Manager who:
- Is a strong team player, and can work in partnership with other Assistant Team Managers to lead, inspire and motivate the team.
- With their expert knowledge of adult social care, provide support and works with the team to deliver a strength-based approach to assessment and support planning.
- Understands the importance of having strong oversight of Safeguarding activity within the team.
- Is a leader that is passionate about high staff performance, has experience of coaching staff, and supporting them with their continuous professional development.
- Is a clear communicator who is able to provide leadership and direction to staff as appropriate through application of positive language.
You will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Support the Team Manager and 2 other Assistant Team Managers with managing and supervising a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be able to use and interpret data insight reports to implement change processes, improve individual/team performance., and inform decision making.
- Work in partnership with other Assistant Team Managers to provide one to one supervision, peer supervision, and professional development sessions.
- Provide oversight and support staff with all Safeguarding activity, including Mental Capacity Assessments, Best Interests Decisions, Court of Protection applications, and Community Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Problem solving, assessment and management of risk is a daily function of this role.
- To support with encouraging decision making to be taken at the lowest level possible, providing clear boundaries, support and advice, and without giving up on general accountability.
- Carry out investigations and resolve formal complaints with support from the Team Manager.
What you need to succeed:
- A strong ethic towards excellence. We need an individual who takes ownership, constructively challenges boundaries/processes where they cause blockages, and is not afraid to have difficult conversations.
- Previous experience working in an Adult Social Care setting, with individuals who have Profound and Multiple Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Physical Disability, and Acquired Brain Injury – this is not an essential requirement.
- A strong ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales, responding flexibly and positively to change and work effectively under pressure.
- Leadership skills. Management and supervisory experience are preferable.
The successful applicant will be supported with high-quality professional support, supervision and excellent learning and development opportunities. First and foremost, you will essentially be part of a supportive and cohesive management team who have vast experience of all age disability.
An informal discussion with the Team Manager is welcome if you would like to know more. Please contact Andrew Hyde on 01384 81 3252 or via email on: Andrew.Hyde@dudley.gov.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/