Apprentice Personal Support Assistant - Reynalds Cross Special School
32.5 Hours per Week
Apprentice Personal Support Assistant (Class Based)
Looking for an alternative to Uni?
Would you like to make a difference to our pupils and be a class-based Apprentice, supporting pupils with teaching and learning and personal care?
Reynalds Cross School Governors are seeking to recruit a part time class-based apprentice to join our school for pupils, aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning difficulties and complex needs and contribute to their learning and development, and enhancing their life skills. The school is based over two sites, one in Olton, Solihull and the satellite site in Green Lane, Shirley.
32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only (39 weeks). Salary - national minimum wage for apprentices applies (currently at least £4.30 per hour).
Qualifications required: To be considered for the post you must have achieved a minimum of GCSE Grade A to C or Grade 4 or above passes in maths and English and be prepared to undertake apprenticeship training.
The successful applicant will
• Proactively help improve delivery and efficiency by providing a supportive role alongside our class staff
• Undertake activities necessary to meet the physical and emotional needs of individuals and groups of children
• Support teaching staff in the delivery and planning of quality lessons
• Support the class teachers in organising the participation of students in school activities, school clubs and school tournaments/competitions (both internal and external)
• Proactively participate within school teams
• Assist the specialist class staff with learning activities
• Assist in equipment preparation for lessons
• Undertake training and performance management
• Understand and apply school policies
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
What we can offer you
• Level 3 qualification Teaching Assistant
• An exciting programme of training to help you develop your skills further and provide you with the experience required for a classroom support role (personal support assistant/ learning support assistant)
• A dedicated mentor committed to supporting you through your apprenticeship
• Dedicated study time
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and children to share this commitment. All staff are required to have an enhanced DBS check (adult and child). Appointments are subject to employment checks including identity, Right to Work, 2 satisfactory references and medical clearance.
If you wish to find out more or have any general enquires around this role, please contact Deb Jervis, School Business Manager (0121) 707 3012, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Closing Date; Friday 20th August 2021
Interview Date; Wednesday 1st September 2021
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.