SEN Teaching / Support Assistant - St John's CE Primary School - Keele
5 days left
SEN Teaching / Support Assistant:
Post: SEN Teaching Assistant – St John’s CE Primary School, Quarry Bank Road, Keele, ST5 5AF
Hours: 32.5 per week, term time only. This is a fixed term contract attached to a child who is set to attend the school from September. The post is only available whilst the child is on roll at St John’s CE Primary School.
Start date: September 2021
Grade: Grade 4, SCP 5. £19,562 (full time equivalent salary)
Closing date for applications – Friday 6th August 2021.
We are looking to recruit an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / Support Assistant on Grade 4 for our inclusive one form entry primary school situated in Keele village. If you have experience in working with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in a school or specialist setting, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We require you to be an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated individual. The role includes one-to-one individual support and some teaching of a Key Stage 1 pupil identified with SEND. This will be under the guidance of the SENCo and class teacher.
The school is looking to recruit a member of staff who is:
- Experienced in supporting individuals with autism and language/communication needs.
- Understanding of how a pupil’s needs can be met within a mainstream setting.
- Able to work independently with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- Able to demonstrate the impact the role can have on the child’s progress and development.
- Flexible and focused in their approach.
- Committed to supporting children with SEND in mainstream schools.
In return, we can offer:
- An enjoyable working environment
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and dedicated staff
- Enthusiastic and friendly children.
St. John’s CE Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form. Your appointment will also be subject to two educational references.
To apply for this post, please complete the Staffordshire County Council application form – no CVs will be accepted. Please email your completed application to email@example.com