Economic Development Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are looking for two economic development officers to join the team at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council to help support our local businesses, partner organisations and wider stakeholders create a thriving and prosperous Borough.
As an economic development officer you will work to support a broad range of businesses and organisations on a whole host of issues they may need assistance with. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, drive and initiative and seeking an exciting new challenge.
To be successful in this role you will be able;
• To demonstrate a strong track record of working with a range of organisations to deliver projects or initiatives.
• To demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Have the ability to understand and translate complex policy information or legislation.
• Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a wide variety of tasks and issues.
We are looking for candidates with;
- Experience of working with external partners, businesses, and agencies.
- Experience of working in Local Government or other public sector organisations.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Able to handle sensitive, complex, and confidential enquiries in a diplomatic and efficient manner.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Interviews - W/C 6th September 2021
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org