Class Teacher/ Instructor
Silver Birch School is looking to appoint a dedicated, motivated and highly effective Class Teacher who has a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and to flourish. The successful candidate will be committed to developing Silver Birch School to achieve educational excellence and to further develop the students. We are looking for staff who are committed to support and develop our learners with barriers to learning. We would welcome applications from Teachers or Instructors whom have experience in mainstream and SEN education. Teaching experience in Maths, English, ICT and Art will be beneficial. A willingness to develop in other subjects would be an advantage.
•An inspirational and creative teacher who will motivate our children to flourish?
•An effective team member with a great sense of humour?
•Excited to contribute to the continual raising standards across the school?
•Committed to providing high quality experiences for our children?
•Passionate about helping our children to become the change makers of the future?
We can offer:
•Respectful and happy pupils who have a passion for learning
•The opportunity to become part of a passionate and hard-working team
•A highly effective, committed and supportive senior leadership team with CPD support
1.To deliver a programme of study in to small groups of secondary aged pupils up to the end of KS4 (GCSE level)
2. To have responsibility for a tutor group within the school and to act as a mentor to individual pupils.
3. To liaise with other relevant professionals as required including those who will contribute to advancing the syllabi and teaching.
4. To research and develop resources both for the subject and for the school as a whole.
5. To prepare young people for certificates, exams and awards in consultation with colleges or to help them find additional courses which are suitable.
6. To set and mark homework, examinations and tests, to undertake assessments, to inform and implement IEP's and to prepare reports.
7. To assist with other aspects of the school curriculum including planning and taking part in special events, field trips and residentials.
8. To have regard to any special needs individuals may have and to differentiate lessons appropriately.
9. To maintain up to date records relating to all pupils.
10. To undertake administrative activities as appropriate.
11.To assist others in the team concerned with the school provision for young people, including providing cover when staff are unavoidably absent, and supervision at lunch and break times.
12. To help maintain premises, and equipment in good order and to be accountable for any budget that may be delegated, income received or funds collected, in line with our financial procedures.
13. To prepare for and attend meetings of parents, professionals, staff, management committees and others as appropriate.
14. To undertake personal professional development and training as appropriate including, induction, policy, subject and SEND relating training.
15. To assist with organising and running community events in Shard End as appropriate.
16. To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role and responsibilities of the post as agreed with your Line Manager.
17. To be familiar with and uphold the policies and procedures of Silver Birch School especially those relating to Health and Safety, Equalities, Data Protection Safeguarding and Child Protection.
You can request an application form by via the following email:
All completed forms are to be returned to the above email along with a cover letter.