As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking meals for pupils
- Assisting with all aspects of the service
- Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy, washing up sweeping and mopping
- To assist with setting up of dining room, putting out furniture
- Willing to attend training sessions classroom and online
- To be aware of the pupils needs, dietary and allergen requirements
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar environment
- Food Safety Level 2 or working towards
- High standards and quality driven
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Working times are Monday - Friday term time
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”
Job Description and Person Specification