Rural Housing Enabler
The Housing Service is provided through a dynamic and proactive team working across both Wychavon and Malvern Hills districts.
The team covers a wide range of housing related work including strategic housing, the enabling of new affordable housing, administration of the housing register, assistance with homelessness, Disabled Facility Grants and other discretionary assistance. We also review property standards, bring empty homes back into use, improve energy efficiency in domestic homes and work closely with social lettings agencies to improve access to private rented accommodation and more.
We are currently looking to develop our service and have an exciting new opportunity for a Rural Housing Enabler to help us deliver new affordable housing and increase our focus on rural housing.
Rural Housing Enabler
29.6 Hours per week
£27,905 - £31,371 per annum pro rata
Up to 13 Month Fixed Term Contract (Or return of Substantive Post Holder)
Working as part of the Housing Service, this incredibly rewarding role makes a real difference to people’s lives and the availability of new, affordable housing for those in need, particularly in our rural areas. This role also provides the opportunity to be part of a proactive and innovative team.
The post holder will work with community based organisations to raise awareness and increase the provision of affordable housing schemes across the two councils and to provide advice, technical assistance and guidance to communities wishing to embark on rural housing projects.
We are looking for someone who has experience of project management; has worked with communities and stakeholders; is a good collaborator and partnership worker and is also self-reliant and self-motivated combined with a passion for housing and is driven to find innovative solutions to meeting local housing needs.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced officer who has the skills to contribute to the development of new affordable homes within our districts, to help us deliver our strategic priorities and to contribute to our brilliant team. This is a diverse role incorporating policy, advice, assessment of local housing needs, partnership working, local negotiations and working with local residents.
The post holder will also be expected to uphold our values of delivering great customer service, being open and accountable, seeking innovation and improvement and treating everyone with fairness and respect. We are also looking for someone who can effectively promote and champion our behaviours by being a brilliant communicator, working collaboratively with and inspiring others and leading by example.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- An understanding and awareness of national, regional housing and planning policy
- Knowledge about the planning system from application to delivery, processes and policies
- Experience of different methods of delivering and funding rural affordable housing and achieving innovation
- An understanding of the issues related to rural communities including planning, housing and community development.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders and members of the public
- The ability to present and state a case confidently and answer challenging questions
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Skills and experiences:
- Significant experience in rural affordable housing delivery, community development, planning or housing related field
- Experience working with housing and planning policies and systems
- Evidence of producing high quality reports for a range of audiences
- Excellent project management skills
This post is required to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings.
The council supports flexible and agile working and proactively works towards helping employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Laura Marshall, Principal Housing Officer Tel:01386 565419/ 07812 519956.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 August 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 25 August 2021