Assistant Building Control Officer (Career Graded)
The Central Building Control Partnership is a shared service consisting of six councils across Staffordshire, Warwickshire, and Derbyshire that is hosted by Lichfield District Council.
If you are self-motivated and committed to the provision of a high quality Building Control service, then you may be interested in our vacancy for a career graded Building Control Surveyor post, starting as an Assistant.
Initially operating within South Staffs/Nuneaton & Bedworth/North Warwickshire, you will be learning the profession with supervised checking of plans, and site inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
No previous Building Control experience is necessary, but you must have previous work experience, preferably in the construction industry, and be competent at using computers for all aspects of the work. You must also have the right qualifications to enrol on the Level 6 Building Control Apprenticeship degree at the University of Wolverhampton (distance learning), which you will be expected to complete.
Full support will be given to achieving professional membership of a relevant body, and registering with the new Building Safety Regulator to practice in Building Control (when legislation is enabled). A full UK driving license and access to a car are essential.
If you have an interest in how buildings should be constructed, and a positive approach to team working and service delivery, then this is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, and contribute to the built environment.
In return we offer:-
- A career graded salary which could extend beyond Band G
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) with an extra 5 days after 5 years’ local government service
- Flexible working hours which could give an extra 2 days leave per month
- A generous Local Government Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 16.2%
- Payment of one relevant professional fee
- Essential user car allowance of up to £963 per year, depending on cc of car
- Mileage allowance of up to 40.9p per mile, depending on cc of car
- Free on site car parking
- Home/hybrid working.
- Access to LABC’s learning and development opportunities
Further information on this vacancy can be found in the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
For an informal discussion please call the Building Control and Land Charges Partnership Manager David Darlington on 01543 308155, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.