Catering Assistant - Oakengates Town Council
Oakengates Town Council
Catering Assistant (35hr)
£9.50 per hour
Purpose of the Job:
Oakengates Town council is looking for an experienced person to help with the running of the Café, kitchen, and hireable space. We are looking for an individual with the capability to assist the supervisor and hospitality manager in all aspects of the Café.
We need someone with an enthusiastic personality and excellent customer service skills, with a passion for serving the needs of Oakengates and the surrounding community
• To prepare and cook food in accordance with the menu’s specifications, with attention to detail and in a safe and hygienic manner
• To take orders and serve customers and create a welcoming atmosphere front of house to encourage their continued use of the café
• To maintain a good standard of tidiness and hygiene throughout the café
• To support colleagues in carrying out their duties
• The ability to work with council officers when needed to ensure the events program is complemented with catering and hospitality when required
• Occasional attendance at Team meetings
• In order to deliver the stated aims of this post, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will fall within the scope of the job within the appropriate pay grade. The job description will therefore be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties that are being performed
• 3 Years previous catering experience is ESSENTIAL including buffets for events
• Experience working with and supporting the local community
• An engaging and friendly personality who works supportively and flexibly within a small team
• The ability to communicate well with other staff to ensure the smooth running of the café
• Work flexibly during regular and agreed hours, including Saturdays and some evenings and be adaptable and swap duties often at very short notice
• Experience in baking
• Bar experience is desirable not essential
• Barista experience desirable not essential
• Be imaginative and creative in assisting the Supervisor and hospitality Manager with new ideas.
• Minimum Level 2 Food safety in catering.
• Completion of Food Allergen Certificate
Application Forms must be completed, CV’s will not be accepted.
Please return completed applications forms to:
Closing Date : 12 noon Friday 30th July
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact the Hospitality Manager on Hospitality@oakengates-tc.gov.uk