Administration and Finance Assistant
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, a great wealth of history and a fantastic environment, making it somewhere to be proud of.
Everyone associated with Worcester City Council is proud of Worcester’s offer of a high quality of life, varied heritage, award winning parks and our contribution to the development of modern local government.
It is a fantastic place to work and you will find us to be an organisation that is challenging yet caring; with our leadership adventurous in its pursuit of excellence.
At Worcester City Council, we have a work-family culture and we are proud to support and value the combination of employees’ work and family lives.
We have a clear vision to achieve excellence in everything we do and to achieve excellence in everyone we employ, meaning we are looking for an excellent candidate to come and join our work family!
The Administration and Finance Assistant will support the activities of the Worcestershire Growth Hub. The Growth Hub is one of 38 across England providing free business support to companies of all types and sizes based in Worcestershire. To assist the Growth Hubl in the effective co-ordination and implementation of day-to-day administrative and financial tasks, providing a comprehensive administrative support service to the team.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills
- Good time management and personal organisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of business support and/or running a business
- GCSE A-C, ‘O’ Level standard or equivalent in Maths and English
- GCSE A-C, ‘O’ Level standard or equivalent in three subjects
Skills and experience
- Experience and knowledge of finance processes and monitoring of budget spend
- Proven experience within and administration role ensuring attention to detail including data input
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Ability to multitask and work effectively on several projects at any one time
- Experience of working in a business support environment would be an advantage, but not essential
Closing date: 6 August 2021
Interview date:18 August 2021
More information can be obtained from Kevin Aisbitt, Growth Hub Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org