Head Teacher - Whitley Abbey Primary School
2 days left
Group 3 Salary range 15 – 24
Starting point 15
Required for January 2022
Our school is a place where everyone, including our parents, is encouraged to learn and grow together.
Our respected and well thought of head teacher is retiring.
Are you the inspirational ambitious leader who can take our popular school from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’? If so, the children, staff and Governors of Whitley Abbey Primary School would like to meet you.
We are proud of our school and are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic and dynamic person to join us.
Our focus now is standards and ensuring that our parents and community feel part of the school following the pandemic.
‘A first-class community school with a first-class leadership and teaching team.’ (Ofsted)
- Well behaved, keen learners.
- A happy and talented team of staff who are committed to maintaining high standards
- A diverse school community that reflects the rich cultural makeup of our city.
- A supportive and active parent and community partnership reflecting our village - style school
Governors are looking for a headteacher who:
- Is visible and will encourage everyone to learn and grow together
- Has the drive and passion to ensure that all children achieve their full potential, combined with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion for innovative leadership of teaching and learning
- Has the desire to take on the challenges created by the changing face of primary education
- Has the ability to maintain and strengthen existing good relationships with staff, governors, children, parents, other schools and the wider community
Our children have said they would like a headteacher who:
- Is calm, kind and understanding
- Is honest, gets to know everyone and listens to everyone's opinion
- Upholds the Whitley Values
- Has a good sense of humour
Staff feedback confirms they need a headteacher who:
- has a collaborative and inclusive style of leadership
We warmly encourage you to arrange an informal visit to our school. Visits to school are strongly encouraged and are available on Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th September. Please contact Marie Tidmarsh, School Business Manager at the school directly to arrange a visit on one of these days. School will reopen on Friday 3rd September for any enquiries.
Further information is available from:
Whitley Abbey Primary School
Tel: 024 76303392
Application packs are available to download below. Please return your completed application with a covering letter detailing "why you are a suitable candidate to be the Headteacher at Whitley Abbey Primary School" to Helen.Masefield@coventry.gov.uk
Closing date for applications Monday 20th September 2021 midday
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 22nd September 2021
The interviews will take place on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th September 2021. Shortlisted Candidates will be required for both days.
Whitley Abbey Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
An enhanced DBS check will be sought before appointment.