Driver XKD015 Orchard Street
Job Title: Driver XKD015 Orchard Street
Salary: £17,559 - £17,910 pro rata
Full-Time: 23 hours 15 minutes
Temporary: 31/03/2022, possibility to extend
Salary £9.62 hour progressing to £9.81
The role involves driving a minibus on a split shift to safely transport adults of a morning and returning them home in the afternoon.
Drivers work as part of a team with the Passenger Assistant assigned to the route and are required to develop and maintain good communication with the Passenger Assistant, all members of the organisation, clients and carers.
• Training provided
• Applicants must be a minimum of 21years of age.
• Hold a licence category D1
• Demonstrate evidence of experience of driving appropriate vehicles.
• To carry out Safety checks on the minibus prior to collection and drive in a safe manner at all times.
• Assist with movement of passengers including use of tail lift and wheelchair securing as required
• To carry out basic administration
• Clean minibus and fill the minibus with fuel when required.
Candidates are required to successfully complete a County Council driving assessment prior to interview.
Due to the nature of the work a criminal record check via the DBS disclosure service will also be required.
Location: This Minibus driver position is operated from Baxter College, Habberley Road, Kidderminster DY11 5PQ and provides transport to and from Wyre Forest Day Centre Orchard Street DY10
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or health condition. We’re tapping into this talent pool.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: 8th August 2021,
Anticipated Interview Date: TBC