Children's Social Workers
37 Hours Per Week
Are you a social worker who is enthusiastic and passionate about changing the lives of vulnerable children, young people, their families and carers?
We asked our Children in Care and said they would really value a “friendly and heartful Social Worker who makes time for them and listens to what they have to say. A Social Worker who is honest, reliable, open-minded and able to show empathy”.
As noted in our Ofsted inspection (November 2019), our staff are happy to work in Solihull; they feel well supported and valued; caseloads are manageable; and our staff benefit from training opportunities.
There is great scope for professional development here. In your first month, we will agree a personal development plan with you, which will include access to our high quality internal training programme and our Continuous Professional Development framework. Our practice framework is Signs of Safety and we will provide you with training and support regarding the framework, as required.
You will have:
- A professional Social Work qualification
- Social Work England registration
- Experience of working with children, young people and families
- Sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people and families.
In return, you will be part of a team where you will be really valued and you will have the opportunity to shape and improve the services we deliver to our diverse community.
We also offer:
- A clear career structure
- A competitive pay scheme which will recognise your experience
- Guaranteed monthly supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi leave of up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements such as home working (with up to date ICT equipment provided)
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Plenty of free on-site parking
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
We are a small and friendly local authority with good relationships across the children’s social work service. Furthermore, we have close partnerships across agencies in the borough, which allow for a culture of shared learning and mentoring between agencies to further support your professional development.
We have a range of specialist teams and we will help you to develop your expertise with the opportunity to move between teams in line with your career aspirations.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced Social Workers and newly qualified Social Workers who wish to commence their Assessed and Supported Year in Education.
If you are a qualified Social Worker and are interested in working for Solihull’s Childrens Services we would love to hear from you, or for an informal discussion about working for Solihull Council, please contact Emma Lightfoot, Principal Social Worker, on 07747 443936.
To apply, please click on the link.
This post will require an enhanced DBS check for working with children and depending on the team, possibly also adults.
Social Workers at Solihull Council are covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification