Senior Practitioner - Ref: CH03021
Senior Practitioner - Corporate Parenting
- Ref: CH03021
- £37,890 - £42,821 per annum
- Full-time, permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced qualified social worker to join our Corporate Parenting Service as a Senior Practitioner.
You will make the most of your social work and specialist experience by holding a smaller caseload, also supporting a team of social workers and taking a lead in the development of their practice.
The successful candidate will be expected to possess significant post-qualifying experience
- You must be social work qualified, registered with Social Work England.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have significant experience of working with children in care
- Have excellent analytical skills using emotional intelligence and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- Be able to make informed decisions that has a positive impact on the child’s journey.
- A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard.
- You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- Have an ability to assess risk and the knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedures to manage and reduce risk.
Closing date for applications: 15 August 2021
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.