Trust Administrative Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- To receive and promptly action any telephone and other messages. Dealing as appropriate with routine enquiries, prioritising incoming telephone calls, emails and accurately recording messages and progressing accordingly in a timely manner.
- To ensure school security arrangements are always complied with, including issuing of visitor’s badges and signing of the visitor’s book.
- To accept and sign for deliveries and disseminate post and parcels as appropriate.
- To provide hospitality for visitors to the Trust Office.
- Performs a variety of secretarial work, drafting correspondence to stakeholders, proof reading, filing, recording information and processing and distribution of correspondence.
- Organising staff training sessions and activities for admin staff within the school office as and when required
- Work on allocated projects and reports.
- Ensure annual staff declarations in regards to health and safety, safeguarding and administration procedures are collated in a timely fashion
- Ensuring candidates have necessary qualifications/documentation including the right to work
- Co-ordinate adverts ensuring these are placed on the relevant internal and external advertising locations
- Responsible for requesting references for each school and ensuring a minimum of two references have been received for the successful candidate.
- Complete DBS request and DBS Verification form for each new starter. Scan and send to the Trust HR Provider to begin the process of a DBS Check.
- To track and monitor staff absence received from each school and completing various reports and analysis
- Complete staff turnover reports for governors and Directors’ meetings as appropriate (termly)
- Work with the Birmingham Primary School Office staff to ensure any absences over 5 days are recorded on the system for Absence Insurance. Process claims in a timely manner and follow up/chase any paperwork
Maintain the confidential HR database and hard files for all staff across the Trust, to ensure that accurate information is available at all times. Ensure schools maintain a complete record of HR Documentation and where necessary this is followed up with schools.
- Maintaining an up to date stock control spreadsheet, and complete requisition forms for items which the Trust office require. Form to be submitted to the Finance and Procurement Officer following the set procurement dates
- Responsible for liaising with all Schools in the Trust to collate and process procurement orders throughout the academic year. This will involve managing all orders and resolving queries with schools and suppliers.
- Liaise with the school offices to resolve month end finance queries with each school in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for updating the invoicing database on a monthly basis with invoices paid
- Responsible for sending remittance advice to suppliers on a monthly basis
- Photocopying/Scanning invoices as and when required
- Accurately entering invoices onto the invoicing database to ensure accurate reports are produced
- Work with the the Trust Business Manager to ensure up to date and complete records are kept on file in regard to finance documentation and asset management across the Trust
- Assist the Trust Business Manager with Tender Processes across the Trust as and when required, including drafting and reviewing specifications and documents.
- Responsible for updating and managing asset database across the Trust, keeping records up to date as per Trust policy and guidance from ESFA.
- Dealing politely, sensitively and confidentially with all incoming communication
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Undertaking training when necessary
- Undertake other tasks as may be reasonably required
- A proactive and positive approach to tasks
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals