Solicitor - Social Care Team (Adults and Children) (2 Posts) - Ref: RT06721
Solicitor - Social Care Teams (Adults and Children) (2 Posts)
- Ref: RT06721
- £41,881 - £46,845 plus market supplement of up to £6,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent
Walsall Council, a unitary authority, provides a wide variety of social care work within a reasonable geographical area. You will be working with a highly motivated, close knit and well supported team.
Due to an increase in work we need to appoint two solicitors to the Legal Social Care team.
The social care team deals with the whole range of social care law. The successful candidates will be expected to manage their own caseload in adult social care or child care matters. They will attend court and act as advocates on behalf of the council. Experience in both adult social care and child care would be preferred but the council is happy to consider applications from candidates with experience in either field.
There are excellent opportunities for the successful candidates to develop their careers within the council.
Walsall is a great place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision. As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 28 days leave per year (for this post) plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all our employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for our staff and customers – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve
We advertise vacancies because we want the best talent available. If that's you, we're waiting for your application.
Should you have any queries or questions about the roles, please contact:
Iqbal Javed – Head of Law (Contentious)
Tel: 07737 332642
or email email@example.com
Closing date: 31 August 2021
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only). This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.