PA to the Principal/HR Support (Maternity Cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional and efficient PA to Principal/ HR Support to join part of the Grace family. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, organised and driven individual to support the Principal and School Business Manager for the end of August 2021. This role is to cover a maternity leave until the end of July 2022, so will suit someone looking to either gain or enhance on their skills and experience.
The role is ideally suited to someone happy to get involved in a wide range of aspects of the Academy life, and who wants to play an integral role in supporting its future growth and development. The successful candidate will be highly organised, comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines, and have the ability to make decisions with rapidly changing priorities.
We are a welcoming and caring community where our core values of limitless potential, intentional excellence, mutual respect, genuine integrity and amazing grace based on Christian values, run through all we do. It is central to our ethos, day to day curriculum, extra-curricular activities and pastoral structures. Here at Grace Academy we not only focus on the academic excellence of students but also work with students on supporting them to be the best human beings they can be.
We have high expectations for all those involved in the education of children. It is important that all students leaving Grace Academy have the qualifications they need in order to follow the path they have chosen; that students do not limit themselves and that staff and parents support them in raising their expectations and aspirations.
Our Academy is a vibrant and friendly; our students are happy and caring; our staff are experts in their field. Together we work together to make Grace Academy a place where we can all excel. We pride ourselves on our caring ethos with a strong and genuine focus on staff wellbeing, putting development and wellbeing at the heart of our work. We work hard to look after our pool of talented staff who are encouraged to grow, develop and work collaboratively.
We are part of Tove Learning Trust that which is a fast moving and exciting place to work. Teachers are supported by exemplary senior leaders and by a network of advisors. We have an outstanding Teaching School within the trust and can offer high quality professional development to support you at all stages of your career.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- Excellent support for NQTs, NQT training, Middle Leadership training and access to Senior Leadership courses.
- Subject specialist network groups via the SWAN Alliance Teaching School, providing access to shared resources, latest thinking, challenge and support.
- Access to an internal market for promotions within the growing group of TLT academies.
- A vibrant learning environment where students are ready and focused on learning.
- Teachers’ pension scheme and local government pension.
- Use the onsite gym and sporting facilities.
- Free lunch when on duty and refreshments in the staffroom to access throughout the day.
- Staff wellbeing/workload committees who help to support staff well-being and organise. social events
- Access to our performance management system where a bespoke career development plan will be discussed to help progression and development.
- Free eye care vouchers.
- Free work laptop and use of up to date IT equipment.
- Plenty of on-site parking.
Our shared vision and values focus on all aspects of school life to help students achieve to the best of their ability. We aim to provide an engaging and rewarding work environment with a high expectation culture where all staff are valued and equipped to meet the challenges associated with high quality teaching and learning.
Hours of Work & Contract
Monday – Thursday 8:00am until 4:00pm, Friday 8:00am until 3:30pm.
37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
Fixed Term - Maternity Cover until the end of July 2022
Start Date: 31st August 2021
Grace Academy, Wigston Road, Coventry, CV2 2RH
Grace Academy Coventry is a secondary Academy with approximately 720 students. Grace Academy Coventry has been part of Tove Learning Trust (TLT) since April 2019. This is a senior support role that exists to support the Principal and senior staff with daily operations and HR support.
- Personal Assistant – Work with the Principal and provide high quality administrative support and manage the day to day operation and administration of the Principal’s office.
- HR – Support the School Business Manager in ensuring all functions of HR operate effectively to meet the Academy’s needs.
PA to Principal
- Provide a high quality and confidential service including diary management, arranging meetings, dealing with correspondence and general clerical support.
- Provide an effective and confidential interface between the Principal and the Governors, ALT and other groups including staff, parents/carers and external agencies.
- Monitor and develop procedures and systems to support the achievement of key educational and operational needs of the Academy.
- Draft agenda, attend meetings, take minutes then distribute to all attendees.
- Monitor all correspondence (incoming and outgoing) for the Principal and ensure all routine information is passed to the LEA/DfE/Ofsted/Governors on behalf of the Principal.
- Maintain effective relationships with students, staff, parents/carers and agencies especially those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Liaise with the Principal for the promotion of the Academy including advertising, press releases, articles, reports and the Academy newsletter.
- Lead on the creation and administration of the whole school calendar to ensure that all staff are aware of events and meetings. Collate items and produce the weekly staff bulletin.
- Support the Assistant Principal with ensuring that all draft policies are communicated from TLT to ALT and back to LGB with comments/suggested amendments then final copies communicated.
- Manage customer service provision for all channels of communications with the Academy dealing with generic enquiries, complaints and compliments and signposting as necessary.
- Assist and co-ordinate events at the academy i.e. open evenings, parent’s evenings training days linking with internal and external resources.
- Have the flexibility to attend after hour’s meetings such as ALT meetings and LGB meetings.
Under the direction and support of the School Business Manager undertake the following:
- Assist with all recruitment actions, including adverts and job descriptions, reference checking, DBS, medical clearances, interview scheduling and taking the lead on interview days.
- Ensure all HR administration is completed accurately and in a timely manner including appointment letters, contracts of employment etc.
- Support with the DBS process within the Academy for new staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors, including administration and maintenance of the Single Central Record as required by KCSiE and Ofsted guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain confidential staff records and ensure that staff records held in the Academy, or by others, are kept confidential and adhere to GDPR regulations.
- Support with the probation process for all new staff, ensuring support is provided where required.
- Support with the staff attendance procedures, ensuring return to work meetings are arranged and completed, in with the Academy’s absence management policy.
- Maintain and keep updated HR files/electronic records/personnel files of all employees.
- Maintain accurate records on the Academy HR systems (SIMS, EPM and SAM) to ensure all starters, leavers, and contract change information is updated.
- Be responsible for the Staff Handbook and other relevant documentations ensuring they needs the needs of current legislation and are updated and approved in a timely manner.
- Work with the relevant member of the Leadership Team and support with the process/administration of the performance management system for all staff.
To undertake any other duty as specified by the Principal or School Business Manager not listed above.
How to apply:
Please read through the information in the pack carefully and do not hesitate to contact the Academy if you would like to arrange a pre application visit – we strongly welcome this. If you cannot make a visit, then please feel free to phone us to talk about the post.
Visits to the school or an informal confidential discussion with the can be arranged with Nicole Chapman (PA/HR Manager) by contacting the Academy office on 02476 589 000.
You should ensure that you have completed all sections of the application form. Please submit your supporting statement with no more than one side of A4, plus your application form to Nicole Chapman via email at Nicolechapman@graceacademy.org.uk by Thursday 12th August 2021.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.