Community Engagement and Social Media Officer
Staffordshire Victims Gateway and Restorative Justice Service provides information, advice and or practical and emotional support to victims of crime to help them cope and recover from their experience and to exercise their rights as determined by the Victims Code.
The role will work with the Service Manager and Co-ordinators of the Staffordshire Victims Gateway and Restorative Justice Service (SVG) to develop the services reach to the local community and other local services promoting what the service can offer for victims of crime and will produce highly engaging content across a broad range of social media platforms.
The role will help the service to expand its range of promotional materials, and be proactive and forthcoming about identifying new tools to heighten engagement and reach our target audience.
As the Community Engagement and Social Media Officer you will;
- Work with Service Co-ordinator to plan and deliver proactive and reactive media activity to increase SVG’s brand awareness and promote our service to victims of crime and partners
- Enhance referrals for our specialist services Hate crime and Restorative Justice
- Develop and undertake annual communication campaigns to improve
access to the hate crime service using various media platforms and promotional materials;
- Develop and undertake specific targeted campaigns to increase
referrals from under-represented groups using appropriate media platforms and promotional materials to suit the target audience;
- Produce campaigns in collaboration with victims, professionals and
- Create, Upload and Manage informative, relevant and engaging content to promote the service, encouraging followers to share and increase the social media reach
- Work with teams across the service to spot promotional opportunities and to create material for social media platforms.
- Collaborate with SVG’s external partners on raising awareness of what our service offers and build relationships with them that allows the sharing of relevant information through various social media platforms
- Act as a point of contact for press enquiries
- Collating data about numbers of followers and footfall on website in a quarterly report.
- To develop a long-term plan to maintain and grow a social media content calendar, in order to raise the profile and promote the service.
- Manage and maintain the social media presence across the services social platforms / day to day running of the social accounts (Instagram / FB and Twitter) and weekly updates and maintenance to the service website.
- To work with the service co-ordinator and service manager to design and develop a clear strategy for the social media and marketing campaigns
- Respond to customer queries across various IT / social media platforms
- Experience of Wordpress; Adobe software and Microsoft office is desirable
- Be a representative of SVGRJ at community and partner events
- Engage with under-represented groups in the local community to raise awareness and increase accessibility to our service in particular the specialist hate crime support on offer
- Contribution to the achievement SVGRJ’s marketing targets and objectives, with particular reference to achievement of targets for the number of self-referrals coming into the service.
- As directed by the Service Manager and in partnership with external partners, creation and management of highly effective marketing campaigns for launching of new areas of service provision and specific events to highlight key area of service provision
- In conjunction with the Service Co-ordinator, liaison with the design and print agency, for the production of print requirements of promotional material for events and promotion of the service
- In liaison with the external partners, development of marketing campaigns in respect of community and policing activity in order to maximise attendance at events, workshops and accessibility to specialist services.
- To manage the website for the service, ensuring accuracy of information and relevant content as the service develops
- Social Media the post holder will be responsible for coordinating and delivering a range of engaging and relevant social media posts across a range of social media platforms in order to engage a wide variety of audiences from victims of crime to professionals working alongside the service.
- Community Engagement the post holder will be responsible for attending community events and promoting the service to local people and other professional’s in the Staffordshire area. The post holder will also be responsible for engaging with local community groups in particular those that are harder to reach.
- Website Maintenance the post holder will be responsible for keeping our website up to date and relevant.
- Quality – the post holder will be required to familiarise with and achieve the required quality standards in his/her work
- Partnership working– the post holder will develop and maintain positive working relationships at an operational level with key partnership agencies especially with Criminal Justice Partners as part of the management of the social media platforms. The post holder will build relationships with key partners in order to be able to undertake specific campaigns in partnership with the relevant services in particular for Hate Crime and Restorative Justice elements of our service.
Essential requirements of the role
The post holder will be required to
- have access to their own vehicle, be prepared to use it for work purposes and have appropriate insurance cover
- be subject to and clear DBS and Enhanced Police Vetting Checks
- be willing to work flexibly including working some unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holiday’s when required in order to meet the needs of the service.
- Adopt an agile approach to working to include a balance between home, office working , in partnership/community venues across Staffordshire
- Know what we mean by equality and diversity and share the organisations commitment to make equality of opportunity a reality both within the organisation and the community we serve.
- Ability and willingness to work not only during the weekday daytimes, but also, as required, at weekends, and on Bank Holidays.
- carry out other tasks consistent with the grade from time to time